As the fourth-largest city in the United States, Houston is home to a respected and energetic arts community, celebrated restaurants, world-renowned theater groups and the brains behind U.S. space exploration. Home to the third-largest consular corps in the nation, Houston is a mecca of diversity, giving breath to one of the most vivid cultural scenes in the country.
- At 634 square miles, the City of Houston could contain the cities of New York, Washington, Boston, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis, and Miami!
- Houston came in at No. 7 on The New York Times' list of the 46 Places to Go in 2013.
- Forbes named Houston the "Coolest City" in the country in 2012, citing factors such as the strong economy, dynamic arts scene, and multiculturalism.
- BusinessWeek and Bloomberg also ranked Houston one of the best cities in the U.S. in 2012 thanks to the local food scene, sports, and parks.
- Houston was named one of the 10 greenest cities in the U.S. by causes.com in 2013.
- 77030, the Texas Medical Center zip code, is home to 21,000 physicians, scientists, researchers, and other advanced degree professionals in the life sciences at 385 medical offices, the highest concentration in the country.
Houston in 2 Minutes
Check out this video on visithoustontexas.com!